Mid-Senior Editor & Copywriter
Fixed-Term Contract (Parental Leave)
Start Date: (to be negotiated)
End Date: Sep 28th 2018
Reporting to the Creative Director in collaboration with the Account Managers, you will be responsible for supporting our clients’ digital strategy with outstanding copy, managing freelance copywriters, editing all copywriting work coming through the agency and writing original content for our clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Creative Director and Account Managers to develop and implement effective digital strategy for various platforms, including: website/social media/eDM to meet KPIs.
- Manage freelance copywriters to produce and edit content for clients and our company which includes; website content, blog articles, social content, and EDMs.
- Identify content gaps and develop strategies to link audiences with need-to-know content.
- Editorial decisions, based on understanding the risks and opportunities, to strategically guiding the optimisation of content developed for client websites.
You will have the support of the team to understand company systems, processes and how each area of the business functions.
You are an experienced Copywriter and Content Editor that enjoys working with Tier 1 brands, seeking a friendly and professional work environment. You are a people person looking to work at a thriving company with a supportive and collaborative culture… and of course, with beer and wine on tap.
Required skills and experience
- At least two years’ editorial experience in digital
- Excellent communication and writing skills (including grammar and spelling)
- Versatility to work on different projects simultaneously
- Experience in writing briefs and providing critical feedback
- Great work ethic, willingness to learn and good organisation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise
- Australian residency/Australian permanent working visa
Preferred but not essential
- Experience with SEO (both in terms of writing and strategy)
- Writing experience or Comms/Media degree
- Experience with WordPress or CMS, Campaign Monitor
Some (more) reasons why you’d want to work with us
- You want to play a big part in growing a profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued — not long hours (a good work-life balance is just how we do things)
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on-your-toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are easy-going, friendly, and helpful
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.